In an effort to meet even more awesome bloggers I've decided to take part in this years Book Blogger Appreciation week. Every day they have a different blog topic to post on, then you can go to their site and look up the few hundred posts submitted! It's like blogger show and tell and speed dating all rolled into one, hopefully we can all get to know a few new and great bloggers in the meantime.
So today's blog question is:
Now since The Diary Of A Bookworm is less than a year old (the thought hadn't even crossed my mind to keep a book blog this time last year), I'll be talking about my first book blog discovery.We invite you to share with us about a great new book blog you’ve discovered since BBAW last year! If you are new to BBAW or book blogging, share with us the very first book blog you discovered. Tell us why this blog rocks your socks off and why you keep going back for more.
Presenting Lenore, oh how I love you...Let me count the ways...
1. You read such great books.
2. Including book genres I thought I didn't like, but turns out I do!
3. You have great Kitties, whom you regularly give blog space too (kitties are fab, and go so very well with books).
4. You are now going to have almost as many kitties as me, so it makes me feel less crazy, you're obviously not insane... or at least your blog gives the distinct impression you are not.
5. You're hubby, like mine, is an artist.
6. You have such a nice clean, easy to use site, no silly thirty one pop-ups, ads, and facebook/twitter buttons at the end of each post.
7. You're full of great advice for those of us new to the blogging world.
8. You always respond to comments, no matter how many.
9. You so generously open your contests internationally (expensive endeavour!) and have thus introduced me to two awesome books!
10. Although you have such a large following oh goddess of the blogging world you are approachable, and delightful to chat with (via email of course, Germany is so ever far away for coffee after all).
No but seriously, I bumped into Presenting Lenore in my earliest days of checking out book blogs, and I've been a very regular follower ever since. From what I've seen she embodies the best of what we can do. She reviews honestly but doesn't feel the need to rant on end about all the ways she loathed any book she didn't enjoy. She mixes her blog with interesting "other" materials, like her Kitty photos, author interviews and the occasional comments on blogging. And she makes an honest attempt to keep it fresh by varying what she reviews genre wise.
She inspired my Feline Fridays by proving people love a little bit of pet cuteness; and when her beloved cat Finn died she proved no matter where we are in the world or how simple our relationships via Internet may be we can still come together with hugs and well wishes in our own strange little comments, and emails only, kind of way.
I'm sure you, like me, are already a follower (who isn't??) but on the off chance you aren't, you should check her out.